The bottom line as I see it is: “If you like Barack Obama and his progressive policies, you are ‘gonna’ love Bob Casey.”
As I was evaluating the items to include in the platform for my run for the US Senate, I was able to use the existing detailed work of conservative Alan Keyes to help quantify all of the many issues faced by the American people. By the way, Alan Keyes is a phenomenon, who ran against Barack Obama for Senator from Illinois. Keyes knew something about Obama then that we Democrats are only now discovering.
Before continuing with the reasons why Alan Keyes helped me form my platform bullets, you may want to learn a bit more about Senator Robert Casey Jr. Feel free to visit any of these essays and then come back here to the Read Me First part of the platfrom bullets:
The campaigner in chief was in training pants back when he ran against Alan Keyes but he had a rich godfather someplace for that race as the campaign funds kept coming and coming and coming. Obama got so much money he gave a lot to other Democratic campaigns. It is amazing how a nice gesture like that put other politicians on the hook to Obama.
- Americans first
- Fiscal conservative
- Hold line on taxes
- Fair tax
- Smaller government
- Cut spending
- Reduce deficit & debt
- American exceptionalism
- No corporate welfare
- No tax loopholes
- Govt does not pick winners / losers
- Zero (0) to low corporate tax -- Jobs!
Before we get into the detailed lists of positions of my campaign platform, let's examine the highlights of this extensive platform that do not exist in any other candidates' platforms:
1. Certain Citizens Temporarily Surrender the Right to Vote. Citizens who are on any type of welfare, such as cash payments, foodstamps, and/or or Medicaid will temporarily give up the right to vote until they no longer receive such benefits from the government. This does not apply to those on Unemployment Compensation, Medicare, or Social Security. The latter three programs are paid for by the workers themselves and are not subject to government manipulation.
2. Welfare Must Be Paid Back. In a broke (monetarily) society, don't you think that the slogan should be "The day of the free lunch is over. You'll have to buy your own lunch heretofore." The American taxpayer is no longer going to be asked to buy the lunches of whoever the government's redistribution scheme targets on a given day. Redistribution of income and healthcare will be a thing of the past. Sorry, Mr. Freeloader, We not only will not but we cannot buy your lunch anymore. Now, that sounds like America, a country pleased to help the helpless but also a country that can no longer afford to help make people helpless.
A value will be placed on all services other than Unemployment Compensation, Medicare, or Social Security and an account will be set up for each person receiving welfare payments of any kind. An Electronic Accountability Record will store financial data owed to the government by citizens who have fallen on hard times. All services with value will have the service and the value posted to the recipient's account in detail and the charge will become an amount due and payable to the government when times are better.
In better times a small payment would be due every month, perhaps as small as .05% of income at the time. Such details will be determined. If the recipient of welfare wins a huge some of money such as the lottery, as much as half of the winnings may be held to pay off the recipient's account.
3. Americans will no longer pay the freight for services to illegal aliens. All illegal aliens will be asked to register and be fingerprinted and given an ID so as not to be to not be deported immediately upon discovery after the registration period is over. Those illegal aliens who do not cost taxpayers will be the last to be asked to leave. Charitable organizations such a churches may elect to pay for any services provided to illegal families and it would have the same effect as the illegal alien paying for the service.
Any illegal alien holding a job that is desired by an American citizen will have to give the job up to the American. It is very similar to the notion of job bidding as done in union shops. When a person wanted to run the canning machine at a brewery, for example, he could bid for the job. if the current job holder did not have enough credits (most often seniority), the bidder would get the job. My father was victim of this common union practice prior to his retirement. American citizens do have a right to any jobs held by illegal aliens "if they want them."
Health services will provided to illegal foreign nationals for emergencies by the EMTALA system already in place. However, when an illegal alien is discharged, unlike today, they will be asked to pay the bill in strong terms. If the bill is paid by the patient or a charity, they will be among the last to be deported, and will be permitted back into the hospital, clinic, or whatever.
However, If the bill is not paid, they will never be able to receive such services again and they will be immediately deported.
The cost of any unpaid services is to be kept on account by the US government for each person and must eventually be paid. The debt will not go away. When parents are illegal foreign nationals and children are also illegal, the children attending schools in the United states must pay the cost of the school services or they are to be deported along with the illegal members of their immediate family. The deportation will not occur until the end of the school year.
Just like American Citizens, illegal foreign nationals who have obtained insurance that is not subsidized by the government may use the insurance to pay their service bills to the government. The amount not paid by insurance must be paid by the patient. These are the same rules by which Americans must conform. Foreigners continuing to live in America must also pay their own way.
Like all services received by illegal aliens, payment is due when provided. When illegal foreign nationals are deported, in addition to the service cost, the cost of the transportation and the cost of the deportation proceedings, is payable immediately to the US government by the deportee before the deportation is completed. If no payment is made, an account is set up and it must be paid before the deportee can ever enter America again.
In summary, services provided to illegal foreign nationals for any service listed or not listed in this section are due and payable regardless of whether the service is provided by hospitals, school districts, prisons, etc. Those receiving the service, who do not pay immediately after the service is provided will no longer be permitted to receive such a service. Like the Beatles once sad, "not a second time." When no payment is received or given at the end of service, the illegal foreign national is immediately placed on a deportation list.
Americans will not to be asked to pay the freight for the services provided to foreigners any longer. That should help a lot of municipal budgets.
4. One Last Term for Members of this Congress. This will be the last term for any of the current members of Congress. The Congress is responsible for many of the problems in this country especially those regarding the budget, deficit, and debt categories. Congress has not protected resources to which it was given custodial authority, such as the Medicare and Social Security funds. The House did not pass a 2010 budget until it appeared to be a 2011 budget, and the Senate has not passed any budget at all as of the end of May 2011 for over 750 days. This is gross mismanagement and gross negligence and all of these representatives, House and Senate, must be "retired" at the end of their term and never permitted to run for Congress again.
New members of the House, elected in 2014, will not be subject to this law.
Ideally, this retired Congress should pay reparations and receive no pensions but my legislation will not propose that since I would like it to pass.
This is the ultimate in term limits. I will introduce legislation so that under this plan, there will be all new candidates in the House (two-year cycle) in the 2014 and 1/3 new for the Senate. In six years total time, at the end of the newest Senate term, no incumbents need not apply. This includes me. When I am "fired" from the Senate after six years, the cycle will be complete and this law will have done its job.
5. Add One More Federal Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Law
Before we propose the new law, let us first review the existing EEO protections by answering the question: I. What Are the Federal Laws Prohibiting Job Discrimination?